Application for the Junior Sports Scholarship Award Scheme for young people 2020
ALL NOMINEES IN THIS CATEGORY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE NUNEATON & BEDWORTH JUNIOR SPORTS PERSONALITY 2019
SPORTS SCHOLARSHIP awards 2020
Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council in association with Nuneaton & Bedworth Sports Forum have designed a scheme to provide assistance to talented sports persons, both able bodied and those with disabilities.
There will be two levels of assistant for this scheme:
Achievement Scholarships with a maximum grant of £150 and are only available to young athletes aged 15 and over
Development Scholarships with a maximum grant of £50 are only available to young athletes aged 14 and under
There will a minimal number of 8 Scholarships available to include both levels of achievement.
ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE UNDER THE SCHEME. Successful applicants will be eligible for the allocation of a grant towards one or more of the following:
|Advanced Training and Coaching expenses||Travel costs||Purchase of equipment|
Please read the Terms and Conditions before completing the application form.
Terms & Conditions
Applicants must fulfill the following conditions in order to be eligible for assistance under the scheme.
- Applicants must be residents within the Borough of Nuneaton and Bedworth.
- Assistance is available to sports persons under the age of 18 at the closing date of entries.
- Applications may be made by any person within the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy, particularly from people with disabilities or learning difficulties.
- Applicants must have amateur status.
- Applicants must be competing in recognised sports as defined by Sport England.
- Applicants may be eligible for one grant in any single year, up to a maximum of £150.00.The level of grant awarded will be at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
- Applicants receiving assistance from their governing body or any other organisations may be given a lower priority under the scheme.
- Applications must be in advance of expenditure and include a detailed estimate of anticipated costs.
- Completed application forms should be returned by:
MONDAY 16 December 2019
A LETTER OF ENDORSEMENT FROM A CLUB OFFICIAL, EXPLAINING HOW THE APPLICATION WILL ASSIST DEVELOPMENT & THE APPLICANT’S COMMITMENT MUST ACCOMPANY THIS FORM OR THE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
PROOF OF RESIDENCY IN THE BOROUGH MUST ALSO BE INCLUDED OR AGAIN THE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Please return forms to: The Chair NBSF Mrs J Stubbs 78 Bulkington Lane Nuneaton CV11 4SA or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Presentation evening proposed date Friday 21 February 2020
ANY PERSON ATTENDING THE AWARDS PRESENTATION EVENING UNDER THE AGE OF 18 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
PLEASE NOTE NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED